Monday, December 8, 2008

Weekend Update

Lots happened this weekend. Saturday was pretty normal: cleaning, bike riding, etc. But Sunday was a whole other story. My sister (in-law), Donna, broke her foot pretty badly when coming back from my bro's holiday concert. Slipped in the street and caused a huge ruckus. Apparently there were two fire engines, two paramedic teams, and four police cars out for her lil old foot.

The paramedics did a great job and saved her about six months of extra physical therapy by immobilizing the foot and saving the tendon from snapping. (Go EMTs!!) But she still had to have surgery to get the bones placed correctly, with two plates and six screws.

So Sunday, we moved her and Dirk downstairs to my parent's rented room and moved their renter upstairs (he was awesome to say yes to moving, Thanks Davy!) I got there about 3 in the afternoon to help with the unpacking, and by the evening that little space looked so homey and welcoming. I was kinda jealous! ;) I hope she likes it. She's closer to everyone, and on the first floor, so that should help a bunch.

Before I got to my mom's to help with the move, I had to get the laundry done, which is where issue number two happened: my purse was stolen. I thought for sure I had accidentally thrown it in with the laundry, but when the machine finished, I searched and there was no purse. I figure it must've happened when I was wrestling with our duvet cover and mattress pad. Nothing of any value in the purse, but its damn inconvenient.

I had to buy a day pass for the bus and then go to Union Station on my break to pick up a replacement for my monthly pass (thank god for electronic passes. They can cancel my old one and give me a new one without me having to buy anything!) And I lost my office key (though thankfully not my car keys. That would've been nasty) I canceled all my cards, and put fraud alerts on all my credit reports, and ordered a new license. So everything's taken care of. Its just so...annoying! grrr.

I get that people are feeling the pinch, and may be getting desperate. But grrrr anyway.

Thank goodness for family. Any negative feelings I would have had melted totally away when I was with mom and Greg helping move. I had such great talks with them about all sorts of cool spiritual stuff, and about nothing. It was AWESOME! I love my family. :)

1 comment:

CV said...

Families are awesome, and a big show of how wonderful they are is the people in them! :)