Monday, December 8, 2008

Survivng by Thriving

I am very moved by this weekend, by the conversations I had with my parents, by what I hear and read about what my friends are going through, and by what I see around me. The world is changing, and the same old, same old is just not going to cut it anymore.

We are being called to step beyond what we thought we were capable of, beyond the limits of who we thought we were. To not do so is to flounder. But to do it, there will be major challenges and upsets.

So far, I've used this blog to keep people up-to-date with what's going on in our lives: little comments, a few thoughts here and there, but mostly just "this happened, and then that happened." I'm not going to stop that completely, but it doesn't satisfy me anymore. More needs to be said, and more done. And with that, I declare my blog as place to come to be inspired, to be educated, to be challenged, and occasionally, just to enjoy life.

And as my blog changes, so does the title. This is theme: to feel complete we must thrive. Survival is simply not enough...and frankly, I never feel like I'm "surviving" when I live like that. I always feel lost, and panicked, and like the slightest thing will topple my house of cards. So my only other option is to thrive, and this is where I'm gonna put anything that helps me do that. Hopefully it'll help everyone else too.

No comments: