Tuesday, December 16, 2008

My Miss Piggy Moment

I am so pissed. Jeremy practically kills himself trying to get everything done for these people. (student film) They don't feed him well, they constantly ask for him and the crew to be okay with less than 12 hours to rest, and they treat him with no respect on top of it. And now, weeks after he hurt his foot, after he finally was seen limping be enough people to get attention, he goes to the doctor and his foot is fucking broken.

Not only is it broken, but its broken in a way that he can't walk on it at all for two months. And if it doesn't heal correctly, which sometimes happens with these breaks, then they may have to do a bone graft from his hip. We're not there yet, but I hate that the doc even felt he had to mention it.

They (the student director's school) are paying for the initial doctor's appointment, and should be paying for all the follow up as well, so at least they are doing that. But I am having a serious Miss Piggy moment. I thought about reporting to the union or talking to the producer directly, but didn't for Jeremy's sake. (It made me happy to think about though) and now, I am so ramped up. "You hurt my Kermie!!!! Hi-YAH! Hi-YAH!"

Either they will pay for worker's comp or we will file unemployment. And they are covering the doctor's bills, so that's good. At least they aren't total scum. But that protective energy is on full blast baby. So watch out. I am NOT a happy camper.

2 comments:

Jamie said...

Oh that royally blows. Sorry to hear about Jeremy's foot ... but glad to know he has such a devoted, protective (not to mention HAWT) wife.

Oh, and on the Blog Friend links, you should update to my active site: http://www.jamiechambers.net

Take care, sweetie.

CV said...

Oh my GOD. I can't believe this! Please let us know if there is any way we can help. Meals, games, bottles of wine, etc. :)