Thursday, November 15, 2007

That is IT!

So I heard from the student today who flaked yesterday. He left this rambling message about how hard it was to get to my place, eventhough they tried, and how far it was, and how his daughter's didn't realize how far away I was when they scheduled the lesson (though I have record of me telling them the distance through email) and how I should just forgive them cause they are new to the area.

So I'm a forgiving person, at least, I'd like to think so. And I like to be nice to people. In fact, I really hate not being nice, it gets me really upset (which, I realize, makes me even meaner in the moment, but that's not the point). The point is, I can't do this! I can't set up for a student, schedule my day around a lesson, wait for 30 minutes and then get jerked around by someone about how they forgot, or didn't know about my cancellation policy (they all know), or whatever. It makes me not want to teach. Plus, I have a really hard time holding people to my 24 hour cancellation policy. I hate it. I wish people would just be honest and pay instead of fighting me on it ALL the TIME.

So, as of today, all new students must pre-pay to reserve a lesson space, and by Jan. 1, all my students will be doing the same thing. No more freebes! ARG!

No comments: