Thursday, November 22, 2007

Ouch!

Oh wow am I sore today. I hadn't worked in so long, I almost forgot what this felt like....I know I've had much, much worse, but damn! (Or darn if you're easily offended) this hurts. Mostly I just hate how it shortens my range of motion.....

So, you may be asking, Katy, how did you get sore?

I'll tell you: two wheelbarrows worth of pulled crabgrass and an entire compost pile turned are testiments to how much work I did in the garden yesterday. I won't lie, it felt REALLY good to be working my body, and to be gardening in such a quiet and beautiful place. And I know I did good, cause I saved some roses, irises and gladioli who were being suffocated and smothered by nasty grass. >P And then, when I was pooped, after two hours (yay me!) I called Jeremy to pick me up, but he couldn't for another hour.

What to do! I figured, I'll prune the roses, cause they need it, but alas......no pruning shears in the community tools (they like to grow legs.) Hmmm...what to do, what to do....aha! That compost needs turning....so one hour later (that's three hours total for those who are counting) I call him and say, get down here! I am thirsty, starving and TIRED!

But it was fun....and I can't wait to work out these sore muscles on more gardening work after Thanksgiving.

1 comment:

joshua said...

PALAVROSSAVRVS REX!