Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Sleep is the AWESOMEST OF THE AWESOME!

Those who have been close to me (read: husband) know how tough I've had it this week. And its only Wednesday. Here's how it went down:

Monday I worked with Nancy all day. This, in essence, is the crux of the problem. Nancy is our outside accountant. She writes our financial reports every quarter so that Paul and I don't have to. Without ranting, I will just say that this woman spends every moment of her life tense, panicked, stressed, or upset. Period. And she doesn't find it an odd or difficult way to live, specifically because she's forgotten (I assume) what its like to be relaxed and trust that things work. Oh, and she blames everyone else (read: me) for anything, even if its her fault.

Because of this I was so stressed I think I got a max of five hours of sleep, broken into two parts with a 2+ hour panic fest in the middle around 3am. And I STILL was stressed out all day Tuesday, though the panic stopped around noon. Tuesday was a total bust.

Today, I woke up at 6:30 or so, uber refreshed. Didn't move a muscle all night, so I was sore and numb in places. But mentally, I was great! All I can say is this: peace of mind is the best sleep enhancer EVER.

Oh, and I will never spend a full day working with Nancy again. Done.

No comments: