Wednesday, January 14, 2009

OAMC

Stands for Once A Month Cooking. There's a cookbook out there that gives you a menu list, recipe list and grocery list for once a month cooking, and then you basically spend one day a month cooking everything for your family and putting in your (very large) freezer.

That type of plan isn't really for me. I like cooking, and I like fresh foods. But I also like not having to cook ALL the time. So I started searching for good make ahead and freeze type meals, and guess what? They all seem to be labeled OAMC.

Search OAMC on Google and you will find a ton of website where people just post up their favorite recipes. And they are great recipes (mostly). There's also some pages titled things like "How to use 35lbs of hamburger," which may come in handy with our new CostCo card.

Since Jer and I aren't eating out much any more, and we are cutting our grocery bill, its seems like making a few of these OAMC recipes and having them ready in the freezer would be a great idea for us. I'll keep Cooking Kama Sutras updated with anything good that I find.

No comments: