Friday, May 2, 2008

Stop that Bus!

Today, I come out of the subway station, and guess what.....my bus stop is blocked (again) by barricades. This time, P. Diddy is getting (read: bought himself) a star on the Walk of Fame. And his star is right next to my bus stop.

Ok, no problem, there's an alternate bus stop set up. I'll just find the stop at Hollywood and Hawthorne and it'll be good.

10 minutes later: Where the EFF is Hollywood and Hawthorne?!?!!!!?! I ask everyone (they are all tourists, cause its Friday) and finally I find someone (one of the bodyguards) who tells me "the sign is wrong. Its HIGHLAND and Hawthorne." DAMN!

Ok, now I've found the stop at Highland and Hawthorne. So far so good. And hey! The bus is almost here! Awesome! I'll just....wait. Wait! Where are you going?! That's the wrong bus stop! You're supposed to come here!! WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAIIIIIIIIIITTTTTTTTTT! (You get the picture)

Basically, the bus went to the normal stop, on the other block. And now I have to decide, is the next bus (in 15 min) going to do the same thing, or is it going to go to alternate bus stop? Cause its impossible to wait at both, they are too far apart. EFF!

Cue guardian angel: "You wanna split a cab?"
Me:"I only have a visa card."
Angel (named Sherman, bartender at Wolfgang Pucks): "Oh, well, if the cab doesn't take Visa, I'll just cover it."
My hero!

So we made it to my stop, BEFORE THE BUS DID! And he was able to leave the cab and catch the bus at my stop, thus saving him $15 more cab fare.

They day was saved.

No thanks to P.Diddy.


NOTE: At lunch today I watched three buses from my line take the alternate route around the star ceremony. THREE.
I guess they finally figured out no one is waiting at the other bus stop. >P

No comments: