Monday, May 12, 2008

New directions

What a great weekend! for those you who forget how luxurious a whole two days off is, let me tell you: its amazing! Two days where you can sleep in, do whatever you want, rest, play, whatever. Oh dear lord....I was overwhelmed, I kept feeling like it was going to be taken away at the last minute with something that absolutely HAD to get done NOW. So, so sweet.

Now, at work, everything seems so much easier (sleep does that I hear.)

What few things I did do this weekend were awesome. Cindy and I made Killer Shrimp. So easy, and so amazingly good! It takes forever to make, but its SO GOOD! And then, Sunday I spent the day with Mom, which was awesome. Really nice to just hang out and talk and be with her.

But I think the best thing came on Sunday night, where I got frustrated with Jeremy for no good reason (I still don't know what caused it exactly.) But right then, my Dad called and I talked to him about it, and he had a great suggestion: take a stand that we can both be inspired by as a couple. This is basically saying something will be: you take a stand that you will graduate by 2010. Its something that only happens because you say it will. And it can be quantifiable, like graduating, or more etherial, like being a generous and open person. But either way, it happens because you say it happens.

So, after much talking, both of us said what we really wanted to say at the beginning: Our stand is that we will buy a house by May 2009. We will be homeowners!
And as soon as we said it, we started thinking about how to do it, and how helpful it will be when the real estate market comes back. And then we thought, instead of renewing our lease, maybe we should suck it up and live somewhere smaller for a year, and save the extra rent as part of our down payment, so we looked online, and found two places immediately that could work. Having three pets limits us, but still, if we could save a few hundred a month....so, we'll find a place. And it will be totally perfect for us.

Yay! Homeownership!

No comments: