Monday, June 18, 2012

Once again, I abandoned my blog. Not because I wanted to, or hated blogging, or anything like that. Just because, well, priorities people. I need things like food, and sleep, and a job. And right around the time I abandoned it, I moved cities (to Portland - LOVE IT!) and careers (to recruiting - not so much love there). At the time, if had asked me about recruiting, I would have had nothing but glowing, gushing, lovely things to say about it. And honestly, it does still appeal to part of me - the part that can never let things go, the part that is a perfectionist, the part that really REALLY wants to be the ballsy "career gal", and, oh yeah, the part that likes making tons of money. :P But the real me, the one that comes out whenever I'm not trying to be something else, the one that is easy going and positive and a total geek, that one did not like recruiting. At. All. So here I am, back to being an accountant. Going to school to make it "official" - apparently in accounting no degree=no pay, so a degree I shall get. And yay! Now that I'm not killing myself every minute to be a successful recruiter, I have time and energy and more than a little excitement to bring back other parts of my life, like dancing, music, gaming, maybe a con or two, and blogging. *giant smiley face* And for those who are wondering, yes, I love my new job. I work 35 hours a week, and its pretty low key at that. My boss is hysterical and super easy-going. And, because of our work schedules, I get to spend every Friday afternoon with Jeremy, sans Joshua! I cannot tell you how amazing and luxurious it feels to spend whole hours without our son. Honestly, it feels a little naughty (but little kid naughty, like you got an extra cookie and no one noticed...not that other thing you were all thinking.) I'm still trying to figure out what to do with myself. I have so many passions that I have put aside to be a mom and career gal, that I'm torn which one I should pick up first. I'll write about it as much as I can (great way to work it all out), and maybe someone can help me out with ideas. Peanut Gallery suggestions so far: Irish dance (did it in college, was definitely fun), and some cool community college class (possible, but which one?!!?!?!) I'm also leaning towards a lot more swing dancing (always a first choice, but the dances start so late at night...), guitar/piano/voice (maybe I could make an awesome youtube video of my songs and gain internet fame! Or, maybe I'll just invite a lot of trolling....dangerous idea right there), hula hooping (fun activity AND gets me back into shape - side note: PNW winters are really bad for fitness. I have got to plan better next winter), crochet/crafting (definitely fun, but would it be active enough?) Well, that's about as much my brain can handle right now. Updates to come in the near-ish future. :)

1 comment:

Cindy said...

Yay! You BLOGGED! That's so exciting! I can't wait for more! What will she choose? Dance, Drama, Music, Domestic, or Fitness....? The masses are dying to know.

Your mention of crafting was a little lackluster. Am I getting the sense that whatever you decide to embark on is one that you would like to get you out of the house? That might be an important distinction. Or maybe you should do two new things - one going out thing and another around the house? Blogging is always a good choice!