Monday, June 25, 2012

lost photos

A few days ago I pulled out my phone to show a co-worker the adorable pictures I had taken of my son, and how photogenic he is, and how great his play shot were, and everything else I could gush about (I love being a mom). When I got to the gallery in my phone, they were missing. gone. Couldn't find them anywhere! I started to panic, and then I calmed down and googled everything I could think of about lost photos, recovering deleted photos, everything. After reading a bit I felt pretty confident that so long as I didn't use my phone, I could recover these images. So I tried. And I tried again. And then I tried something different. Nope, nope and nope. I have tried for several hours at this point, digging into every nook and cranny of my phones internal and external memory with very limited success. I found Angry Birds ads, Free iPad promotions, and 17 images out of 100+ that were missing. Honestly, I know they are just pictures, and I'll take lots more and its really not that big of a deal, but Gah! Its a big deal! Its ruining my whole day. My whole week. I had such enjoyment from those photos, and now they are gone. Its really amazing how much value we can place on little things. Photos, souvenirs, old emails. I would love to say that I am over such things, but I'm not. I'm just sad. I have the memories, and plenty of other photos, but THOSE photos are gone. Boo.

No comments: