Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Fun Creative Activities

I'm feeling pretty good right now. I've done 15 minutes of intense activity everyday so far this week, and it is awesome! Just Dance 2 at home, hula hooping, yoga at work (yoga designed as an intense workout, not the super flow relaxing yoga.) We have a room in the back that everyone keeps saying we should turn into a gym. Well, I got tired of waiting - so I just moved some tables and did 15 minutes of yoga. Now its a yoga gym. You're welcome office! For those who are also on a get fit/feel better kick I'll share some specifics. I haven't come up with a solid plan yet, other than to continue my 15 minutes a day of intense activity, but I am currently around 155 lbs (I haven't weighed myself in the last few days), and I'm going to get back to 138 where I belong. Eating better is a big part of that, and activity is a great way to keep me eating better. When I am active, I hate sugar and junk food, so that makes everything else about losing weight easy. (I know, I have great genes. I blame my parents) Being active* also helps me with sleep, and general attitude, so yay for that too! It helps that work is fairly slow right now (someone buy some frickin cream already!) so I have time to workout, and read my facebook, and in general get reconnected to my life. And also, to read the latest book for Felicia Day's Vaginal Fantasy Hangout book club. SciFi/Fantasy smutty books! Fab guilty pleasure, and after watching last month's discussion on youtube, I thought, "Why not?," so here I am. Reading Kushiel's Dart - not a bad book, as far as books go, but I can't get the movie Dangerous Beauty out of my head while I'm reading it. I'll post more once I'm further into the plot. * P.S. - Notice how I use the terms 'active' and 'activity' instead of 'working out'? I hate the term 'working out'. It just makes everything feel like....well, like I'm working. But 'active' is exciting, its activity, and activity is creative and fun. And I like fun creative activities.

No comments: