Monday, April 7, 2008

Massive Update

So its been forever since I wrote. Here's the lowdown: Gram died and we had her memorial on Feb. 15. It was beautiful, and though I miss her a lot, I know she's with me. Also, I got a new job as a Staff Accountant at Roadside Attractions (indie film distribution), which is awesome. Everybody's nice and low key, and as Paul, the controller and my immediate boss, told me: 'the owners have made it a very humane place to work.' Super flexible and kind. :) They also pay what I was looking for, so that's a huge plus.

I'm still teaching voice, and trying to figure out how to work it in around my job. I'm not working ren fair this year, though I will be visiting a lot.

And now to current events:
This weekend Jeremy and I went to the Grove to see 21 with Camile, Matt, Cindy and Don. Awesomely fun movie. We also had a blast at the Grove. The guys did guys stuff, and we girls got our makeup done at the MAC counter in Nordstrom's. I love MAC, cause they only hire makeup artists to work their counters, so they know what they're doing. No walking out looking like a hooker. :)

It was totally funny though, cause halfway through, this woman comes up to one of the artists and starts talking to him, and then starts talking to us, like she totally knows us! And she kept changing topics, like she couldn't keep anything straight. An she wouldn't go away or take a hint. Too weird. She was nice enough, but weird. I am totally looking forward to going back to the MAC counter....hopefully without our new friend.

Jer and I also stumbled upon a lot sale at NBC for the show Passions: all the costumes, furniture, props....VERY COOL. We got a bunch of amazing high end stuff for less than $60 total! It was a lot like shopping a flea market, but it was worth it.

No comments: