Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Starting the New Year right

So Jeremy is working at home now, and I'm starting off the new year with a bunch of new students, as well as a ton of end of year bookkeeping to do....I went from being fairly on top of it all to 'crap! where did all these extra files come from!' Which I guess is good, cause the extra money I get from entering the extra files into Quickbooks is pretty nice and definitely helpful right now. I'm sending in my SLS certification fees on Friday, so by Wednesday next week I should be on the website as certified and have been sent my certificate for the year. Yay!!!

I'm sorry to say that with all this change and flux going on, not to mention all the time spent with friends and family (taking advantage while the holiday is good!), my garden has been sorely neglected, and I haven't done much crochet either. The one thing I don't much like about the holidays is that feeling I get every year that I've fallen behind. I guess its because I work for myself, so I can't just leave my work on a desk and be back in two weeks. Or, well, I could, but if I don't work for two weeks I don't get paid for two weeks, and getting momentum again takes work. I know I'm driving Jeremy up the wall with my "We're behind!!" energy, but he takes it in stride, and calms me down in the process.

This year is sure to be an interesting one, which leads me to wonder if we aren't caught up in that most dire of curses from the Auriental continent which translated is "May your life be an interesting one." Personally, I think we're gonna be just fine.

1 comment:

Cindy said...

I can't wait to see what this year holds for us all. Keep focused on your goals. You have lots of support!