Friday, December 21, 2007

Christmas Cheer

So here I am, the day before all packages must get shipped, feeling so good about myself because, for the first time, I'm actually on top of things enough to get everyone's package to them in time for Christmas! And then, disaster strikes.....

Actually disaster struck the day before, when I started my last homemade gift, a ********** for *******, and it wasn't looking quite right. Right then and there I should've started over, and I would have, except that I was on a deadline, and that deadline was getting pretty close.....so I fudged and I nudged and I did everything I could to make it work. I spent all day on it on the 19th (USPS says the last day to ship is the 20th). And then at 11:30 pm, in the middle of our second game of Munchkin with Cindy, I saw it....it was unsavable.....cute, and if I were 12 it would totally have been ok, but I'm 27, and I am not going to give a rushed, half assed gift (well, unless it turns out really nice....). I just about cried right there. I was already going to spend all of the 20th on last minute shopping and packing and shipping....I had no time to redo a 10 hour project.


In the end I sent a card saying that the present would be in the mail after Christmas. At least they would get that on time. And I just held back all the presents, so I could make one shipment, and ******* wouldn't feel left out.

And the funny thing is, the first gift I made was going to be for ****** (same person.) I was just planning on making one, and it was going to be for her. But then, it was so fun, I thought....lets make more. And as this last project took shape (and a misshapen shape it was) I knew that this would be perfect for her, much more than the first project. So now I'm behind....and so disappointing....I guess maybe next year will be easier. I'll start sometime before Dec 11, and I think that will make a difference. :)

No comments: