Monday, July 16, 2012

Updates!

I know you all are wondering how my hunt for fulfillment is going (and by you all I mean Cindy - Hi Cindy!) Its been interesting, to say the least, especially with all the change and upheaval gong on with Jeremy and his getting back into acting.

So far I am very clear that yoga, ballet and lindy hop are very prominent in the "get back to me" project I have going on. Bob Harper's Yoga for the Warrior continues to kick my ass, and dance makes me feel alive, so they all get to stay.

I'm also feeling very driven about to rather surprising (to me) things that I'm just going to own right now. First, I have fallen into the position of de facto manager for Jeremy - planning things out, keeping him on track, making sure steps are followed up on. I seem uniquely qualified for it (accountant) and it totally lets me use my business-y brain, which, up till now as felt very patronized and ignored by the rest of the world (for those feminists out there, yes its mostly by men, but I don't necessarily think that's a statement about sexism, just a statement about who I have around me at any given time).

Second, I am owning that I am a seriously opinionated woman, and need an outlet for it. So I am starting a Tumblr, and maybe another blog. Tumblr first, because I find I mostly want to repost stuff I find with a short comment rather than write a whole blog. And facebook and twitter aren't really the greatest places for said repost - too many family members and whatnot. I'd rather keep those social media actually just social, and link to my Tumblr instead. So watch for that in the coming days too.

I will post pictures/videos of dancing in the near future, just cause I'm all about sharing everything right now. And now that I've promised, I have to deliver. And that will drive me to continue with this whole thing, which, of course, is the point of this crazy exercise.

1 comment:

Cindy said...

Hi Katy! Glad you are getting so much fulfillment from Bob's Yoga DVD. The manager roll sounds interesting and I can totally see how you could flourish with that. What a cool thing to add to your partnership.