Thursday, March 10, 2011

More Big Happenings

Things are progressing at a very fast pace. I have a job offer from Accountants International, official documentation pending, to start on April 6 in Portland. Katy-1, Unemployment rate-0!

Good pay, great benefits, and I like my new boss a lot. I'm very excited. I'm nervous that its so different from what I've done before, but I feel like the skills I'll be learning will be great for the future, even if I go back to accounting.

My last day at Roadside is March 31, and we move on the 1st! We just sent Max off to be in his PAALS Doggy Sanctuary in CO this morning, and are now looking for places to live in the Lake Oswego/Tualatin/SW Portland area so that I will be close to my work. One nice thing about only having one small dog is that we don't need a yard so we can look at townhomes and apartments as well as houses for rent, which makes a big difference with our budget. Yay for money savings! And yay for Max finding a happy home with lots of other doggies. I'm sad to see him go, but its such a better thing for everyone involved, I have to be happy for him too. I hope he likes his new home.

I hope we like our new home too. More to come...

1 comment:

Teri Spray said...

We are so happy for you as well. We prayed on the phone with Jeremy before your trip that God would give you divine connections and appointments. It appears he answered the prayers. Now, Lord, we pray for the details to all fit together. Thank you for a blessing for little Max, comfort the family during this transition time. Bless them all with your grace and goodness.