Sunday, February 27, 2011

Portland: Update

After a phone interview and some emails back and forth, it looks like I may actually become a financial recruiter. Accountants International is flying me back to Portland on Friday for an in person interview!

Unfortunately its just a quick trip, barely a few hours, but it feels pretty awesome. Every way I look at it, this seems like a great opportunity. I get to learn about the companies in the Portland area, learn some sales and negotiating skills, and have a job right when I get to Portland. Worse case senario, I can leave after a few months. But there's a very real possibility that I will like it (from everything I've heard it sounds like something that would really suit me) so I could very well stay for quite some time. And if that happens, I could work on my MBA much easier at this type of job than in a controller type of position.

The only thing that really scares me is this sense that at this point in my life, I should be specializing rather than switching careers. But the skills will be so invaluable, that doesn't bother me very much. Anyway, the interview is on Friday, so I will know more once that is complete.

Yay! Big adventures!

1 comment:

Cindy said...

How exciting! Good luck with the interview!