Monday, May 18, 2009

Bike to Work day

Last Friday was Bike to Work day, and though I usually bike to the bus stop, I decided to go farther in honor of the day. So I biked from my home in Lake Balboa to the station in North Hollywood. And Jeremy joined me.

It was GREAT! Took about 40 minutes biking at a relatively easy pace (its usually 20 on the bus) and felt really fabulous. By the time I got to work I was awake, alert and calm all at the same time.

What was even better was getting to do it with Jeremy. We talked, and smiled, and were just together. It felt wonderful. And most of the trip was on the bike path that is next to the Orange line, so it was wide enough and safe enough for us to bike side by side and talk. Yay!

In contrast, this morning I woke up late, have been groggy and unfocused most of the day, and can't get much done. I'm starting to think biking to the station in North Hollywood on a regular basis is a pretty good idea. At least while its still cool enough to consider.

No comments: