Friday, October 3, 2008

Could it be Fall????

I love Fall. I think it may be my favorite season (though Spring can definitely give it a run for its money). After the sweltering heat and monotonous sunny days of summer, it is so wonderful to get clouds, and wind, and coolness, and even some rain. I know, summer isn't supposed to be monotonous, but in LA, it definitely gets there....gee, another 95F day, what is that, the 35th one in a row? Yeah, I get sick of that.

Its something I do miss a lot about Davis. I've never dealt well with really really cloudy or cold climates, but Davis was great. It had a very solid Fall and Winter, but with enough breaks in the weather that you got some sun once in a while. While LA is the exact opposite, lots of sun, with breaks in the weather that allow cloudy cold days.

The coming of Fall also makes me wonder how I would handle a Fall and Winter season in more northernly climes now that I'm taking my thyroid pills. Being an undiagnosed hypothyroid sufferer made anything dark and cold really hard to deal with. But who knows now! I could completely skip over the depression, the I-can't-get-my-toes-warm-even-with-three-pairs-of-socks-and-a-fireplace issues, the low energy, and just get out there and enjoy the fabulous Fall weather like everyone else.

What I want more than anything else is a really REALLY good rain. OH GOD that would be nice. Everything clean, and alive, and that wonderful smell in the air, the sense of everything jsut drinking it in around you. So nice. I miss that. A lot. Hopefully, we'll see at least some rain this month. I'll cross my fingers. :)

No comments: