Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Stuck in a rut

I've just completed a massive accounting project for quarter end (ACCPAC issues from our go-live date come back to haunt me....again) and I know I should get back to real life, and normal work, but I'm so overwhelmed...I just feel like collapsing and reading my book. And somehow, that's almost justified, since I stayed at work until 7 last night, with no more than 10 minutes of breaks, total.

But still, I want to move on. To shrug off the tense exhausted feeling in my shoulders and the adrenaline crash that is currently shorting out my brain. But I can't. I'm so caught up in everything that it took for me to do that work, that I'm stuck.

At least there's only 2 and half more hours left in the day, and I get to game tonight too! Really looking forward to that. Matt is teh awesome DM, and there are some really great mental challenges in addition to kicking major ass.

No comments: