Friday, October 23, 2009

More swing dancing

Ok, so I've been writing some nice deep stuff, and at some point I'll post it (I want to get it just right) but an update. I haven't danced in two weeks due to sickness and car issues, but right before I got sick I discovered something awesome. The Lindy Technique class at Lindy Groove. Its not advertised and its hidden on the calendar section of the website, but it does exist. Basically, its just breaking down the balance, timing, foot and body technique that allows you to dance at the next level. And boy did I need it! I was feeling stuck, at a plateau, and now I know exactly why! (For those technically inclined, I was disconnecting my hips from the rest of my torso, so my following hand wasn't connected to my feet, and I thus missed a lot of the faster and more subtle leads)

I need to get back to this class, and personally I think everyone should go to one or two, once you have the basic dance under your belt. :)

1 comment:

Cindy said...

Good find! Sounds like a class well worth it!